Monday, February 02, 2009

Stories from the bus

There are very few good things about my two bus journeys each day. I get time to read the Metro in the morning (if I don't get travel-sick) and I can listen to radio comedy shows on my iPod on my way home, and occasionally I overhear conversations that result in me trying not to be obviously laughing out loud.

Man on phone #1
Man - “You’re kidding me!“
...
Man - “No, you’re really kidding me!“
...
Man - “Oh no, of course I believe you!“

Gran, mum and daughter
Mum (to child) - "Would you sit down!"
Daughter - "Awww..."
Gran (to child) - "You know, we only tell you these things because children need to learn how to behave. After all, grown-ups don't like yelling at children, do they?"
Daughter (thinking a bit) - "Well, not most of 'em..."


Man on phone #2
Man - "Yeah, she was in the... what's it called? Nativity play."
...
Man - "Yeah, you know, there's Mary and... you know, the other one, the bloke, Joseph, that's it!"


Oh and the other night Chris and I were on one of the newer buses in Edinburgh. It has a scrolling sign, much like we have on trains, telling you the eventual destination and the next stop. Apparently it can have only 27 characters/spaces, as it announced 'Next stop: Commonwealth Poo'. Juvenile, possibly, but that didn't stop us laughing for about five minutes. Mind you, the people sitting behind us saw it and found it funny too, so either they're childish too or we're perfectly normal. I shall leave you to make up your own mind.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 10:36 pm, Blogger Acci said...

So did you put on tall boots before getting off the bus?

And my word verification here is "flartpoo". Coincidence?

 
At 10:43 pm, Blogger Hieronymous Anonymous said...

:-D
I love overheard conversations!

(Verification word: maimpool. LOL)

 
At 11:18 pm, Blogger Tah said...

My verification word is "defiess". How non-interesting.

What? I'm supposed to comment on the blog post [i]too[/i]?

 
At 11:20 am, Blogger Smerk said...

*sniggers at Commonwealth Poo, too.

And my verification is warquil.

 
At 6:31 pm, Blogger Shawna said...

Too funny! I would have laughed at "Commonwealth Poo" too. ;) I'd say you're perfectly normal!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home