Sunday, January 25, 2009

My bead jewellery

Ok, a few people have been asking about the jewellery that I was making and selling before Christmas, so I took some photos at the last event.

Photobucket

The silver shapes, chains, broochpins, earhooks etc. are bought ready-made, but I put them together with beads, wire etc.

Photobucket

These are bracelets that I only began making this year.

Photobucket

A close-up of one of the necklaces in the first picture, to give you a better idea of its construction.

Photobucket

I also have a huge board of earrings - they're quite quick to make and customers like to have a choice of earrings to match a necklace, so I usually make several pairs of earrings to go with any necklace.
I've left this photo this size because the earrings weren't all that visible when the picture was smaller.

Photobucket


So, there you go.
I do enjoy making this sort of jewellery, but I really loved the college course I did in silverwork and miss that kind of work. I'm looking forward to starting my evening class - I really need a refresher in soldering, sawing etc. and then I'll start buying tools to do silver jewellery at home. :)

6 Comments:

At 3:32 am, Blogger Tru said...

I really like the necklace in the center of the second to last picture. How much (estimate) would something like that cost, including shipping? Maybe in a darker color. :)

 
At 9:30 pm, Blogger Shawna said...

I love it! I agree with Tru--that green one in the next to last picture is gorgeous! You do a great job, hon!

*hugs*

 
At 5:19 am, Blogger Smerk said...

Wow. If that's the quality of your beaded jewellry, I can't wait to see what you're going to turn out in your silver classes!

 
At 11:11 am, Blogger Nettie said...

I can attest to to how good Mouse's jewellery is :D I love the necklace and earrings she sent me the Chrissy before last!

 
At 1:14 am, Blogger Mouse said...

Tru, I'm pretty sure that necklace is quite a bit darker that it looks in the picture. I'll have to dig it out and get a better picture. (And look into postage costs. ;-) )

 
At 12:20 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

diamonds are made forever , but here , diamonds are not only made forever , but are crafted to their best possibilities to get the best results . visit the website given below .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home