Sunday, February 25, 2007

Synchronicity

I've just finished reading one of Ian Rankin's 'Rebus' crime novels. In the book there's mention of a newspaper headline pinned to the wall of a journalist's office. It said 'Super Caley Go Ballistic, Celtic Were Atrocious', and referred to the result of a football match. It didn't occur to me that it might have been a genuine headline.
Last night, an upcoming match between Caledonian Thistle and Celtic was mentioned, and I told Chris about the bit in the book. Today, we turned on the news to see a report of the match in which that headline was quoted. Now, I'm not that surprised to find out that it's a real headline, more that I had never heard of it before, then came across it twice in a couple of days.
Ok, it might not be interesting for most of you reading this, but I love it when things like this happen.

Oh, and here's another quote from the same book which made me fall about laughing...

'...in a voice which, had it been any more of an undertone, would have leapt up and broken into the chorus of 'Teenage Kicks'.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 9:15 am, Blogger Nettie said...

Ooh, isn't that odd? Especially considering the chances of those two teams playing each other within days of you reading that book...

 
At 8:28 pm, Blogger Hieronymous Anonymous said...

Hehehe...

I must really give those Rebus books a shot.

 
At 11:26 pm, Blogger MadCarlotta said...

oh, I don't think it's strange at all, I'm a big fan of synchronicity. Just don't try too hard to find meaning in it, or you'll break your brain like I have.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home