Sunday, January 21, 2007

In Memory

Aunty Jean, my great-aunt, died last week. We only found out that she was ill at Christmas, so it was all very quick.
Aunty Jean was a funny, intelligent, warm lady who was great fun to be around. She was always so happy to see us, even though it was only once a year or so that we got to visit. I wish I could have seen her more often, to have known her better and to have spent more time enjoying her company.
Her husband, our Uncle Jimmy, died a few years ago. I always saw them as an extra set of grandparents and I miss them both.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Aunty Jean at my wedding, enjoying a tipple.

4 Comments:

At 9:08 pm, Blogger Hieronymous Anonymous said...

Auntie Jean did like a tipple...

It's a nice picture of her.

 
At 10:08 pm, Blogger Amy said...

Aww, I'm sorry mouse

*hugs*

 
At 9:53 pm, Blogger Nettie said...

*big hugs*

I'm thinking about you love.

 
At 12:17 pm, Blogger LaMa said...

Like I did earlier to your sister, my condoleances to you too MadMouse.

* hugs *

On the pictures I have seen on your blog and your sister's, she looks to have been a sparkling personality.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home