Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Warning: Approaching Rant

A quick question for you all - which do you think is the most annoying regular event on my way to or from work?

a) Seeing rabbits frisking in the fields.
b) Finding that they've run out of the free newspaper at the station, or
c) All the annoying, ill-mannered little brats on the bus?

Ok, I never said it would be a difficult question...
I'm sure that when I was younger it wasn't considered socially acceptable to play games involving the throwing of sweets down the length of the bus, or to sit on the back of the seats and perch on the shelf at the front of the bus.
No-one would be trying out all of their most irritating ringtones, or screeching to their friends sitting only a few seats away about their alcohol-fuelled antics the night before.
However, all of this pales into insignificance beside the latest teenage obsession. For some reason, teenagers seem incapable of amusing themselves for even the shortest of bus rides without playing music through their phones, at a volume that is clearly audible to all of the other passengers. It might not be so bad if they were playing music that was vaguely tolerable, but it's usually dance music that's been speeded up so that it sounds like it's being performed by chipmunks on speed. What I really want to do is throw all of their bloody phones out of the window, but they'd beat me up if I did, as I'd be severely outnumbered.
If I've got my MP3 player, then it's not too much of a problem, but I tend to forget it *sigh*

Labels:

10 Comments:

At 10:56 pm, Blogger Hieronymous Anonymous said...

One word. Shotgun.

 
At 12:39 am, Blogger Nettie said...

Get a water pistol and squirt them every now and then. Apparently that's how they train cats and both cats and teenagers are equally as annoying.

 
At 2:25 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're a Grumpy Old Woman! Ahahahahahahahahaha

 
At 9:37 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh, it's not just the teenagers! And there's times where the other person's music is so loud, I can hear it when I'm listening to my MP3 player...

 
At 2:11 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could start practicing your samba drums on the bus. Or take up the pipes.

 
At 3:26 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a nemesis? You would be in Edinburgh.

 
At 6:23 pm, Blogger LaMa said...

Just crash their little bratty heads together. Hard.

 
At 3:52 pm, Blogger Amy said...

Well I'm a teenager and I still think that people playing music off their phones is annoying! Don't see why they can't use an mp3 player like everyone else..

 
At 3:53 pm, Blogger Amy said...

P.s, I've found it's mainly chavs who do this, so blame them, like I blame them for everything ;)

 
At 5:41 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't we blame you, Thunder? We know you, and it's so much easier to just keep it all in the family.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home