Friday, September 07, 2007

Brain update

Well, I finally went to see the doctor today. I was really worried that I wouldn't be able to explain just how bad I've been feeling. As it was, I got one sentence out and burst into tears.
My doctor was really nice and helpful. He gave me a little questionnaire to fill out, and then added up my scores - I have high levels of anxiety and depression (I kinda figured that out already...). Since the antidepressant I took a few years ago worked very well, we decided that I'll go back on that. It'll take at least a couple of weeks for me to start feeling any benefits, and I'm to go back to see him then to check how it's doing. I'm also to go back immediately if I have any thoughts about harming myself.
I have a pile of printouts to read as well, mostly about techniques to cope with the depression and to help calm the anxiety.
I start taking the pills tonight - possible side effects for the first few days include sleeping problems, headaches, nausea and anxiety, but I have all those already, so I shouldn't think I'll notice any additional effects.

I just want my brain working again.

Labels:

10 Comments:

At 8:00 pm, Blogger MadCarlotta said...

Yay! I'm glad you went for some help! :)

*hugs*

There is nothing wrong with your brain sweetie, you are going through unbelieveably tough times is all. You'll get through them, I promise.

 
At 8:52 pm, Blogger Charybdis said...

Hm, no sexual side affects huh?

Oh well, can't win them all. :P

*hugs*

 
At 8:52 pm, Blogger oppiejoe said...

good luck and *huggles*

 
At 4:18 am, Blogger Smerk said...

I hope you start feeling better soon, Mouse. And without all the nasty side-effects. *hugs*

 
At 5:07 am, Blogger Tah said...

I'm glad you went to the doc.

And you better not try to harm yourself! We want our Mouse around and whole - whether Mad or not.

 
At 3:10 am, Blogger Transfrmr said...

Glad to hear that you're on your way to breaking out of your funk Mouse.

You certainly have all my fuzziest of thoughts and hugs galore should you need them at any point!

 
At 4:39 pm, Blogger LaMa said...

* hug * Hope it helps dear. Indeed, it generally takes a week or 2-3 with anti-depressants before they really catch on. Most side-effects usually disappear then too.
Do try the techniques on the handouts given to you.

 
At 9:32 am, Blogger Nettie said...

*bighugs* babe.

I'm here if you need me :-)

 
At 2:57 pm, Blogger Amy said...

*hugs*

You'll feel loads better soon! I think it's just MoHitis!

 
At 8:24 pm, Blogger NEO said...

I didn't get any side effects with mine, and I wish the same fortune for you.
You are fine, some of us just have issues that we need some help with, in my case anyway. Life sucks when you feel lost in it and nothing seems to help.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home