Monday, April 16, 2007

The Bee Gees Vs. The Harlequin

We've just had our second Easter weekend, due to our parents having visitors from France staying over Easter.
On Easter weekend itself, Boo, Matt, Chris and I went to the beach for a picnic. A traditionally bracing Scottish picnic, of course...
Boo and I spent a happy hour or two hunting for bones. I needed lots of tiny ones, because I want to make my own mummified/fossil fairy. That one on ebay, while cool, was just too expensive, so I decided that I needed a Project. I found quite a few bird bones, and Boo found 3/4 of a somewhat dried out frog, and gave it to me. Its tiny little foot bones should come in handy. (Pun most definitely intended!)
It was nice to have a couple of days holiday from work. We didn't do much, except for some tidying round the flat. We also sorted out some videos and DVDs to sell at a car boot sale. Since we'll have to be moving house soon, it seems silly to pack up things we don't really want...
Chris and I went to the Pixar exhibition at the museum too. It was really interesting, although I would have liked more information about the technicalities of animation, and a bit less of the 'look at us, aren't we great?'
The 3-D zoetrope (bottom right picture) was absolutely amazing!

This weekend, we all went through to my parents' house for a belated Easter dinner, and an Easter egg hunt. We each wrote a series of clues for one other person to lead them to their eggs. My dad used to write them, but he says that we're all old enough to write good clues, and he can't be bothered anymore! Everyone found their eggs... eventually.

However, the most anticipated part of the day was the premiere of the film we made a few weeks ago. Most of you will have heard of 'The Bee Gees Vs The Harlequin'. The weekend we spent making this film was one of the most fun times I've ever had, I think. Pretty much everything that could go wrong when making a film, did. We spent less than £10 on props (as is plain to see) and were basically making it up as we went along. Try to ignore all the continuity errors - we did!
Here's your chance to finally see it. Enjoy!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 11:14 pm, Blogger Nettie said...

Yet again, I'll say just how funny I found it to be!

It looks like so much fun. It's been making me miss my high school days and my media class.

 
At 3:58 pm, Blogger oppiejoe said...

Good Job Mouse... you were amazing in the film :)

 
At 11:19 pm, Blogger Mouse said...

Ok, let's see if I can sign in this way...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home