Friday, June 02, 2006

There's nothing like a relaxing bath...

...and tonight's attempt was certainly nothing like a relaxing bath.
I like to have a nice long bubble bath on a Friday evening to unwind after a week's work. We decided what to have for dinner then Chris went to start cooking while I got in the bath with a magazine.

Now, those of you who've seen Bill Bailey : Part Troll might remember his description of an accidental train announcement.
"Dave? It's burning...what are we going to do?"

You can probably guess what happens next. Chris comes running into the bathroom brandishing the fire extinguisher, yelling "How do you make this thing work? The wok's on fire!" I assume he's overreacting and say "What, really on fire?", he goes "Yeah, there's flames coming out and there's smoke everywhere" so I jump out of the bath and sprint nakedly through to the kitchen, leaving a trail of bubbles behind me, soak a teatowel and throw it over the (now-not-very-on-fire) pan, send Chris out to the balcony and pass the wok out to him. Then we open all the windows because most of the flat is full of smoke and put Jonas out at the far end of the hall, worrying that he might suffocate.
I then decided to try to continue with my bath, as the bathroom was the least smoky room, but unsurprisingly it wasn't as relaxing as it had been, so I gave up.
Dinner was really nice when we eventually got it, though.

6 Comments:

At 6:20 am, Blogger Nettie said...

:-D That's hilarious babe!

You poor thing though, I hate it when my bath gets interrupted.

Oh, and why didn't I get to see you run naked and bubbly through the house? :-(

 
At 9:30 pm, Blogger LaMa said...

Hmmmmm: that's quit an elaborate plot just to get to see you nekkid....

 
At 8:52 pm, Blogger oppiejoe said...

:)

Similar scenario:

Sleeping soundly (nekkid), child comes into room and says, "The toaster is on fire", sprint out of bedroom to kitchen and retrieve toaster filled with Flaming pop-tart and carry it out onto cement porch... modesty is not my strong suit I suppose. Thanks for sharing your story.

 
At 7:30 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, it's nice to see that your husband is so well equipped to deal with emergencies.

Oh, and Joe: apparently strawberry Pop-Tarts are the most impressively pyrotechnic, causing flames to shoot up two feet or more from the toaster. What type did your encounter involve?

And I won't get into any stories about me and nudity. . .

 
At 9:42 am, Blogger Hieronymous Anonymous said...

Has Jonas forgiven you yet for putting him at the other end of the house?

 
At 1:47 pm, Blogger oppiejoe said...

Acci:
I believe it at one time was a Cinnamon pop-tart... and there were VERY impressive flames...

Think Olympic Torch in the buff & you got it ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home