Friday, March 17, 2006

Reading Matters

I keep entering competitions with monetary prizes with the intention of paying off my debts if I win. However, I know that if I do win any money, I would just buy books. It seems strange that some people brag about never reading, when I rate books slightly higher than even chocolate. Maybe reading is just a habit, but it's one of my better ones.

I'm currently reading Jeffrey Deaver's 'The Blue Nowhere' (which has a lot of very technical computer stuff in it that I just pretend to understand) and I think I'll go on to 'The Devil's Teardrop' after that. (It's another of his very good books.) A large proportion of my books are crime and forensic-based novels, although I have a lot of sci-fi as well.
The most recent book I bought is called 'B**locks To Alton Towers: Uncommonly British Days Out' - I think I'm going to enjoy that...

If anyone has any recommendations for my future reading, please let me know.

3 Comments:

At 11:37 pm, Blogger Mouse said...

I fantasise about having a big enough room to completely fill it with bookshelves. I have a serious book overflow problem...

 
At 11:52 pm, Blogger Mouse said...

Charity shops are fantastic places to buy too many books.

 
At 10:30 pm, Blogger LaMa said...

Books! I cannot imagine a world worthwhile without books!

Since my move to a new home last month I finally have enough shelve space again...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home