Wednesday, March 15, 2006

A short rant

I'm thoroughly pissed off with my local bus company. They're increasing the fares, which is bad enough, but what really got me was their patronising explanation for the rise. Now, if they'd mentioned fuel costs, inflation or some other rational reason I wouldn't have minded so much but what they said was 'We wanted to simplify the payment system for customers to a flat fare so they do not have to find change'. Well, thanks a bunch. How did we ever manage without bus managers sorting our lives out? I would much prefer to find change as I've done for the last several years than pay a 25% rise in fares, as I suspect most other people would. But they didn't ask me.
They never do.
Bastards.

5 Comments:

At 12:09 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How odd. They say that they want to make payment easier for their passengers, yet they seem to have missed the obvious fact that the best way to simplify the fare is to get rid of it entirely. You ought to make them aware of their oversight, Mouse. I'm sure that they'll correct their policy in no time after that. . .

 
At 12:25 am, Blogger Mouse said...

I bet they wouldn't listen...

 
At 12:44 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

25% rise in fares? That's horrendous!

 
At 12:30 pm, Blogger Hieronymous Anonymous said...

My boss seems to think it's reasonable. I can't work out why.

 
At 5:01 pm, Blogger LaMa said...

That really is the most stupid excuse for a fair raise I've ever heard.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home