Sunday, April 09, 2006

My weekend

I've had a pretty quiet weekend. Yesterday I went to the children's activities at the International Science Festival. My friend was taking her two children, so I said I'd go along to help mind the kids, and because I wanted to have a go at the activities too. It looks a bit funny, going by yourself.
We all had a good time, except for the younger child, who had a rotten cold and was all stuffed up, tired and grumpy. Sebastian (6) had great fun. He got to try out forensics while doing a CSI activity, and discovered how much fun soldering is when he made a lie-detector. Boo and I wanted to do the CSI thing too, but there weren't enough places. (Not that we minded, honest!)

Today we went shopping. I bought a t-shirt and a hoodie that I've had my eye on for some time. I probably can't afford them, but what the hell! We also got some more of my gran's birthday present. It's her 80th in June so we wanted to get her a big present, but we're rather broke, so what we're doing is making up a hamper of things relating to her interests. So far we've got birdfeeders and some little gardening bits and bobs. We also plan to get some nice teas, jams and biscuits, things like that.

So, as I said, not a desperately exciting weekend. Next week should be better - I've got time off work so we can go out more.

Latest book buys
Predator - Patricia Cornwell
A Necessary Evil - Alex Kava
Mortal Engines - Philip Reeve
Hippo Eats Dwarf - Alex Boese
The Starfleet Survival Guide (I know, I'm such a geek!)

3 Comments:

At 10:18 pm, Blogger Hieronymous Anonymous said...

*sulks*

I wanted to do the CSI!

Damn 'children first' rule.

 
At 11:13 pm, Blogger Mouse said...

It would probably have looked bad if we'd shoved them out of the way, unfortunately...

 
At 7:26 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just tell them that you were kids before they were, and cut in front of them. And if they fuss, then rough 'em up a bit and steal their lunch money.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home