Saturday, January 07, 2012

Festive decorations in the Anderson household

Our tree with some parcels and cards underneath. Zeph helped hang the ornaments on and was really excited about hanging up the one he made and the one he was given at the library party.

Photobucket

These are some of my favourite tree decorations.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


"Bauble Zeph did!"

Photobucket


We like to buy a new bauble each Christmas, something that refers to an event of that year if possible.

2008 - Three guesses where we got this! I picked it up browsing in a Perth department store with Nettie, so my little festive wombat brings back really fond memories. :-)

Photobucket

2009 - We bought this set of reindeer from the Cairngorm Reindeer Centre near Aviemore when we were up at Aviemore with the samba band the September before Zeph was born.

Photobucket

2010 - We had a huge amount of snow and ice in November and December, more than I remember seeing since I was a child, so we chose this glass bauble that has bubbles of glass inside and looks like ice drops.

Photobucket

2011 - There wasn't any particular reason for this one, but I just liked it!

Photobucket

Finally, the bauble garland that hangs across the fireplace!

Photobucket


P.S. I have no idea why the pictures are varying in size!

2 Comments:

At 11:45 pm, Blogger Shawna said...

I love Zeph's ornament! We used to buy ornaments for everyone each year, but haven't been able to the last few years. One of my favorites is one that Rachele made for me in 1993, the first Christmas that I was with Dave and the kids. It's a walnut (the nut had been eaten and the two shell halves glued back together) with a black fuzzy hairband around it and a gold & pearl earring glued to one end, and it hangs from a piece of yellow ribbon. When she got older, she got embarrassed of it, but I still love hanging it on the tree. I think Zeph's will be the same for you guys!

 
At 11:45 pm, Blogger Nettie said...

Yay for a blog post!

Thanks hun, it's great to see photos of what's been happening :)

And I'm so glad you still have your little Christmas wombat!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home