Monday, October 15, 2007

We're In!

The moving day went pretty much as planned - we had most of the army that we'd assembled, and enough vehicles. We were down at the house until 1 am on Friday night, trying to get the last bits and bobs done, and didn't really get much sleep that night.
I hadn't realised how much crap we'd managed to accumulate until we had to actually move it all! Mind you, when I was unpacking all the kitchen stuff today, I came acros things that Chris had had before we got together - old appliances that don't work and an entire box of mugs and glasses that had been wrapped up and put away at the back of a cupboard.
I've got the kitchen mostly sorted out now, though, which is a good thing - we're getting our new washing machine installed tomorrow and I don't think that the plumber would be very happy to find the place still full of boxes and bags...

The decorating is all done, although we haven't got the curtains up yet. The ones for the bedroom need to be shortened, and we have only one set for the living room, as when I went to buy the new ones I bought one pair, forgetting that we have a window at each end of the living room. Of course, that particular colour is now out of stock so we'll have to wait until the weekend to get the other pair. I know, I'm a bit of an idiot!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 9:20 pm, Blogger oppiejoe said...

Yay!!!!

 
At 11:32 pm, Blogger Nettie said...

Yay! When do we get photos???
I demand photos!
lol
I'm so glad it's all falling into place for you sweetie!

 
At 5:14 am, Blogger Tah said...

Yay! Congratulations.

And now to finish unpacking... ;-)

 
At 10:52 am, Blogger Smerk said...

Huzzah! I'm glad the move went well.

 
At 5:21 pm, Blogger NEO said...

Sounds like you are making progress, not going so well on my moving in.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home