Sunday, July 23, 2006

I am cowless

I suppose all good things have to come to an end, and the Cow Parade finishes tomorrow. I spent a happy afternoon today going round Edinburgh, taking photos and ticking the last few off my list. (I know, I can be a bit obsessive about this sort of thing.) There were only four cows that I couldn't see - ones that have been removed because of the amount of damage done to them.

Some that were less damaged were taken away to be repaired (in the cow hospital, of course) and then resited indoors - one was rehomed at Boo's work. Unsurprisingly, most of the vandalism was to cows put in areas with lots of pubs and clubs, presumably by drunken numpties thinking it's funny to swing on them and pull bits off.

Another good thing about the cow parade is that it's got me to go to parts of Edinburgh that I've never visited before. It's been a bit like being a tourist in my own city, which is an interesting feeling. I think I'll have to go exploring more often.

By the way, I'm in the process of putting all my cow pictures up on Snapfish, so if anyone wants to see the cows, let me know and I'll send you the link.
Or possibly you've all got lives...

7 Comments:

At 4:58 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, there were a lot of cows which I never got to see, so feel free to send me the link! :)

 
At 11:26 pm, Blogger Nettie said...

Yep, I'd like to see all the cows too!
Oh, and speaking of photos, when are we finally going to get your Edinburgh ones uploaded to the MoH snapfish page? Hmmm?
We're waiting!

 
At 11:36 pm, Blogger Hieronymous Anonymous said...

Some of the cows even I didn't get to see, so the link would be appreciated...

By the way, my word verification was 'godmcfdx', which my brain immediately assumed was SMS speak for a filthy, filthy phrase.
;-)

 
At 11:45 pm, Blogger Mouse said...

Right, I'll send you the link when I've got all the cows up and organised.
The MoH photos are coming, honestly! I sort of forgot...
Boo, go and sit in the corner.

 
At 10:56 am, Blogger Amy said...

O want to see them!

What's snapfish?

 
At 7:25 pm, Blogger LaMa said...

Cows, yeah! MEEEEEEEUUUHHHHHH!!!!!

And Boo, I have some suspicion that the geek who programmed the word verification put some things in it to have a laugh. Some of these character-strings feel like they are just not random enough...

 
At 8:47 pm, Blogger NEO said...

I love cows, especially when then are in the form of a patty between bread with pickles, lettuce, mayo and onion, but that is just me. I would like the link too, please.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home