Saturday, June 17, 2006

Normal service will be resumed shortly...

I'm tired. Partly because I had to get up early for a samba gig, but mostly because we were kept awake last night by idiots having a party in the flat just along from ours. If the numpties had stayed inside, it wouldn't have been a problem, but they spent most of the night out on their balcony, which is only fifteen feet or so from our bedroom window. They were arguing, calling to partygoers inside the flat and screeching at people they knew down on the street, twelve floors below. Not only did we have problems actually getting to sleep, but I kept waking up from dreams where I was being accosted by groups of people to find that the shouting from my dream was still going on.
I had a nap when I got back from the gig, so I wasn't too tired when Boo and Matt came up for a barbecue this evening. Plenty of food was eaten, we watched Doctor Who and Coneheads, and now I'm writing this and getting sleepier by the minute.
Tomorrow we're either going cow-spotting or going to see X-Men III, depending on whether the weather forecasters lied or not, (they usually do).
So, all in all, not a particularly exciting weekend, but we're too broke to do much else.

Chris is improving. He got the stitches out yesterday so he looks a lot less scabby and horrible now, and most of the swelling and bruising has gone down too. The concussion is taking a while to clear up - he's still quite dizzy, especially if he leans forward, but it's a lot better than it was. We still haven't heard anything from the police about whether they're anywhere close to finding the thugs who attacked him.

Note to self: find more interesting subject matter!

4 Comments:

At 4:32 am, Blogger Nettie said...

I hate it when you kept awake by loud music and screeching. Don't know if it's just the hills, or maybe the sparsely spread population, but noise around here travels so far. I can be kept awake at night by a party being held two blocks away, yet it sounds like it's coming from next door.

I'm glad to hear that Chris is feeling slightly better love.

 
At 5:44 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh, your stuff is interesting Mouse. I sometime wonder if people even look at my blog at times. ;-)

 
At 2:45 pm, Blogger Hieronymous Anonymous said...

Chris is indeed looking a lot better, which is good...

 
At 5:31 am, Blogger oppiejoe said...

sorry ... INTERESTING to me :)

*grumble spelling grumble*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home